Nick and Liz
Nick grew up in the New Forest, Hampshire, studied Modern Languages & Linguistics at the University of Durham, and worked for Tesco in London before joining the Christian child development charity Compassion UK in 2017. His interests include books, cricket, Spain, choral music, and avoiding having his photo taken—so is delighted to be getting married with no photographer present.
Liz was born in Bristol, grew up in Gloucestershire, and studied Biological & Medicinal Chemistry at the University of Exeter. After working for a young people's mental health charity, she also joined Compassion UK in April 2020. She loves travel, walking (especially in the Cotswold hills), and sleep, an interest she shares keenly with the family cat, Eli.
We met in Ethiopia
In 2018, Liz joined a Compassion sponsors' trip to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to meet Yeabsira, the young boy sponsored by her church. Nick was one of the trip leaders looking after the group. We started texting on the day we got back to the UK and have spoken every day since!
We were engaged in Canada
During a trip to the Canadian Rockies in May 2019, Nick proposed on one knee on top of Banff's Sulphur Mountain (we promise it's a lot prettier than it sounds!). Bedazzled by the mountain scenery, Liz said yes!
Our wedding ceremony was recorded and streamed to guests attending online, as coronavirus restrictions only allowed a very limited number of friends and family to be with us in the Church.
If you weren't able to be with us, we hope you enjoy watching the recording!
We're so grateful to everyone who made our wedding ceremony possible:
- Rev. Steve Harrison and the Churchwardens of St Michael and All Angels Church, Eastington for your enthusiasm and support as we made all the last minute arrangements;
- Clover, Howard, Hollie, Richmond, Philip, Louise, Andrew, Gayle, Sue, Darren, Tim, Tan, Hannah, and Graham for preparing and recording the address, bible readings, and prayers;
- John and Lenny for going so far above and beyond with our musical choices and being an absolute dream to work with, and Caleb for being awesome and making the videography so uncomplicated;
- Our wedding party members Adam, Amelia, Ben, Bridgit, Chrissy, Emma, Esther, Fran, Nikki, and Trey for being with us in Church and for helping us survive the last few weeks!
- Jasmine and Ivy, our goddaughters and beautiful flower girls, we love you and we're so grateful you came all this way to be with us for our wedding;
- Our parents Ken, Beck, Ken, and Sue for your unfailing love, encouragement, and support (not to mention the wedding flowers and cakes!).
We are blessed to have everything we feel we need for our future life together.
(Also, our future house has no space for more stuff!)
Your gift to us is your presence and your prayers for our wedding day, and your continued encouragement in the days and years ahead. If you would still like to make a gift in celebration of our wedding, we would love you to consider a donation to Compassion UK's COVID-19 Emergency Appeal:
The Appeal supports churches across the world to care for people whose need, and whose suffering from COVID-19, vastly exceeds ours. Thank you for your consideration and your generosity.
Please note for data protection reasons, we won't see the details of anyone who has donated. This is good for your privacy, but unfortunately means we won't be able to thank you individually.